The Project Profitability Report provides a quick overview of a project’s earnings as well as the paid and receivable amounts within a certain time frame. This report can be generated from the Projects or Quotes page. This article will explain how to generate the Project Profitability Report from the Projects page.
1. Navigate to the Projects page.
2. Select “Reports.”
3. Select “Project Profitability” from the drop-down list.
4. The “Project Profitability” window will appear.
5. Enter a time frame for the report.
6. Select the button.
7. The “Define Grouping for the Report” window will appear.
8. Click to select a field from the “Fields that can be used for grouping” section.
9. Select “Add.” Caution: grouping by more than one field can generate strange results and is generally not recommended.
10. The field will appear in the “Report currently groups on these fields...” section.
11. If desired, check the "Adjust Value" or "Page Break" box to modify the grouping.
- Adjust Value- this will generate the grouping’s specific dollar amounts. For example, if grouping by “Manufacturer (list)” with the adjust values checkbox checked, any dollar amounts on the report will show the dollar amount for that manufacturer only. If left unchecked, the dollar amounts on the report will show total amounts for the entire project.
- Page Break- this will generate a page break between each grouping.
12. Select the “Move Up,” “Move Down,” or “Remove” button to rearrange any selected fields.
13. Select “Ok" to close the "Define Grouping for the Report" window.
14. Define an “Output To” field.
- Local Printer- the system printer dialog is used to select a printer.
- Print Preview- the report is shown in the print preview dialog box.
- PDF File- a file selection dialog box is used to select the name and location where a PDF copy of the print will be produced.
- Microsoft Excel- a file selection dialog is used to select the name and location where an Excel copy of the print will be produced.
- Send Message- the OASIS send message feature is activated for emailing a PDF copy of the print.
- Send Message (Excel)- the OASIS send message feature is activated for emailing an Excel copy of the print.
15. Select “Print.”
Please sign in to leave a comment.