This article explains the features of the Custom Local/File Code customization for FSGI.
Setting up the File Code
When first running OASIS with the new Custom Local, a new menu item will be shown at the bottom of the screen. This item is for any special custom menus needed to maintain the Custom Local for FSGI.
In this case, this is where you will go to reset the file code if needed.
When clicking on the “Reset File Code” item in the “Tools” menu, the following screen will prompt the user if they want to reset the file code number to “1” and reformat the prefix for the code as “FSGIYY”, where “YY” is the current year number. (i.e., 2019 would be “FSGI19”, and 2020 would be “FSGI20”, etc.).
Note: it will NOT “roll” or increment the year, but will use the current year number…if it’s December 31st, 2019, and the file code is reset, you will get codes reading “FSGI19-1” regardless of what the “FSGIYY” read beforehand.
Hitting yes will reset the number and display the new “next” quote/file code number:
After this, if the sequence number needs to be changed make the changes instructed below.
1. Create a text file (file type .txt) i.e. FileCodeNumberChange.txt
2. Copy the content listed below into the file.
3. Change only the information highlighted. Set the highlighted value to the desired sequence number:
DELETE FROM CHSC_SQL_SEQUENCE
WHERE SEQName = 'FileCode'
INSERT INTO CHSC_SQL_SEQUENCE
Updating the New Sequence Number
To update OASIS to the new sequence number for the file code:
1. Save the text file to your desktop
2. Open OASIS and login as an admin user
3. Go to Configuration, then Software
4. Under the Database Management heading click on the link for "Run SQL"
5. Click on the "..." button and select the file that was previously saved to the desktop.
6. Click OK
7. You should receive a message saying that the file ran without errors
8. If you received any error messages, please contact OASIS support immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.