Search tags (keys) can be used to create fields that are not currently in OASIS. Once a search tag has been applied to a transaction or entry it can be used for reporting and searching purposes. CAUTION: deleting or modifying a search tag can adversely affect transactions and entries that currently have the tag selected. A script is required to make these changes. Please contact OASIS Support by calling 501-843-6750 or emailing Support@OasisSalesSoftware.com to receive a script.
Creating Search Tags (keys)
1. Navigate to the Configuration page.
2. Select Software from the drop-down list.
3. Under Global Preferences, click Tags.
4. The Search Tag Values window will appear.
5. Click to create a new line.
6. Enter a name into the Key field.
7. On the same line, double-click the corresponding cell in the Type column. A drop-down list will appear. Users can set up search tags for the following editors:
- Contacts- create a search tag within the contact editor
- Customers- create a search tag within the customer editor
- Manufacturers- create a search tag within the manufacturer editor
- PO- create a search tag within the order editor
- Quotes- create a search tag in the quote or project phase editor
- Quotes-PO- create a search tag that appears in both the order editor and quote/project phase editor
The following field types are available for all editors:
- Y/N- create a "yes" or "no" option
- Choice- create a list of options to select from (requires values to be inputted)
- Text- create a free form text field
Special search tag types are listed below:
- Manufacturer-Large Text- creates a text box with two rows of space versus one row; only available for Manufacturers
- Date- creates a date field; only available for customers, orders, and quotes.
Note: the Open search tag type does not have a function.
8. Select a type from the drop-down list.
9. If creating a Choice field type, enter the options for the search key in Value column. To add more than one value, hit enter while within the current cell.
10. Click Ok. The search tags will appear in the respective editors. Note: users can apply search keys to multiple transactions at once. For more information, click here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.