O4 allows users to receive RFQ responses and apply them directly to existing quotes. During this process, users can compare the RFQ to the existing quote and apply needed information from the RFQ. This article will explain how to receive an RFQ from Cooper Lighting. Note: this article assumes the necessary set up has already been configured. For more information on how to set up Cooper connectivity, click here.
1. Navigate to the Projects page.
2. Open the needed quote.
3. Select the bid.
4. Select the RFQ button. When the RFQ button is pressed, the Flash server is scanned for any updates to the RFQ response. A yellow RFQ button indicates OASIS already has a response from Flash, but an update request is used to make sure the most up-to-date information is available.
5. If multiple quotes are found during the scan, a quote list will appear. Double click a response to import it.
6. The RFQ response window will appear.
7. Select Sell from the Level drop-down list in the Compare To Our Quote section.
8. Check the Append to quote or Merge with quote checkboxes in the Import into Our Quote section:
- Append- adds the response to the end of the quote. Line items will be duplicated. Note: the OASIS move row up and move row down tools may be used to reposition imported lines from the flash quote.
- Merge- override existing line items with response.
9. Additionally, different pricing may be imported as required. For Flash quote imports, we recommend the following be checked for most quote imports:
- Sell- import the sell price.
- OBase- import the OBase price
10. In the Options section, check boxes as desired. For Flash quote imports, we recommend the following be checked for most quote imporat:
- Import Notes- imports line item notes.
- Import Descriptions- import line item descriptions.
- Import manufacturer cat #- import the manufacturer part number into the MFG Part column.
11. Select the Notes tab. It is common to find important information from Cooper.
12. Select Import.
The bill of material should update based on the import method selected in step 8. The RFQ response is also saved as an OASIS attachment in the project. The quote may be adjusted as required.; however, any changes to the imported lines is considered a potential discrepancy and may be rejected by Flash when ordered.
Note: as part of the import process, the Flash quote number is inserted into the OASIS MFG Quote column. To learn how to add a column to the bill of material and view the Flash quote number, click here.