The ASA Configuration Utility is used to manage database systems and allows users to create, move, and backup ASA databases.
The Services tab shows all the ASA databases on the server. The following options are available for each database:
- Start- starts the database and shows any errors encountered.
- Stop- if the database is running, this will stop the database.
- Remove- removes the service from the server. The database will not automatically start when the server restarts. Note: most users should not use this option.
Clicking File presents the following options:
- New Service- create a new database service. For more information, click here.
- Workstation Settings- allows for the set up of auto login and auto DB reconnect.
- Auto login- automatically log in when the client version is launched. This requires that a password be set for the user account being used.
- DB Reconnect- allows OASIS to reconnect when a network error occurs. This option increases network and database utilization.
- Connect to Server- used for configuring backups, showing locks, disconnecting users, and running scripts.
- Refresh- refreshes the window to show changes.
- Close- closes ASA Configuration.
Clicking Tools presents the following options:
- Rebuild Database- initiates the rebuild process. For more information, click here.
- Verify Database- initiates the database validation process. For more information, click here.
- Locate OASIS Database(s)- locates all ASA databases on the local network. For more information, click here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.