This article will explain how to send orders to Signify using the Order Send connectivity as well as identify the information that is transmitted from the order in OASIS to Signify's SAP system.
- Signify connectivity must be configured.
- The order must have a valid address with no special characters.
- Drop shipments must have a contact name and number.
- Rush orders must have a freight account.
Order information is transmitted from OASIS to Signify's SAP system from the General, Items, Addresses, and External Notes subtabs.
The General Tab
OASIS sends the following information from the General tab to Signify:
- PO Number
- Order Type- this will affect terms & conditions and overage (i.e., drop ship vs. standard order) depending on the Order Types configuration completed during the set up of Signify connectivity. For more information, click here.
- Lot Net Billing
- Ship Together
- Freight Type
- Freight Account
- Required On Site- the system will never ship before the Required on Site date. If a date is note entered, the date will default to the day that the order is sent to Signify. This date should be used to manage DNSB.
- MFG Quote- this is the RFQ number. OASIS must have the RFQ number as well as the line numbers associated with each part to successfully transmit an order that contains RFQ pricing.
The Items Tab
OASIS sends the following information for each part on the Items tab to Signify:
- Catalog Number
- MFG Quote
- Comm (Commission)
- Scenario-based pricing columns:
- If the part has overage, OASIS will send Net Price and Overage
- If the part does not have overage, OASIS will send Sell (Sell Price)
Note: to learn how to add columns to the bill of material in an order, click here.
The Addresses Tab
OASIS sends the following information from the Addresses tab to Signify:
- Ship To- users can overwrite the address to ship to a job site or other. If using the ship-to address that is entered in the customer entry, OASIS will not transmit the address. Signify will use the address assigned to that distributor in their system.
- Markings- this will transmit on OASIS release 1000A or later.
- Call Ahead-this will transmit on OASIS release 1000A or later.
- When to use alternate
The External Notes Tab
The Notes Subtab
Enter information that pertains to warehouse instructions required before transit, such as "shrink wrap pallets" or "no pallets."
The Shipping Instructions Subtab
Enter information that pertains to the carrier or driver, such as "lift gate" or "deliver to the back of the building." This information will show on the bill of lading.
Sending the Order
1. Click Print.
2. The Print PO window will appear.
3. Select Send Direct! from the Manufacturer Copy drop-down menu.
4. Click Ok.
5. A window will appear providing a preview of the order. Users can add attachments and print a copy of the order from this screen, if desired.
6. Click Send Now.
7. The Signify Staging Screen will appear.
The Order Detail Tab
Use this tab to review the information being sent to Signify. Users will be required to enter the following information:
- Signify Quote Number
- Customer Segment
Note: users must identify the Customer Segment if a Signify Quote Number is not provided.
The Additional Contacts Tab
Use this tab to enter additional contacts who should receive an emailed carbon copy (CC) of the order. Note: separate each email address using a semicolon.
The Requested on Site Tab
Use this tab to enter or adjust the requested on site dates for each line on the order. Note: this will save a SIGNIFY_ORDER_SEND_STAGING_SCREEN.xml file in the order's attachments in OASIS.
8. Click Ok. Once the order has sent successfully, a window will appear providing the Signify SO Number.