Before activating the new tax system, please note that the old system will be immediately deactivated. If converting, it is best to create matching tax accounts in the new system and to transition by adding ship-to-rules (limits).
Activating Tax Accounts 2
1. Select the Configuration page.
2. Select "Software" from drop-down list.
3. Under the "Global Preferences" section, select the "Settings" link.
4. The "Global Settings" window will appear.
5. Select the "Extra" tab.
6. Check the "Use new Taxes 2 Application and logic" box.
7. Select "OK."
8. Re-login to OASIS.
Creating Tax Accounts
1. Select the "Configuration" page.
2. Select the "Tax Accounts 2" from the drop-down list.
3. Select "File."
4. Select "New Tax Account."
5. The "Tax Account Editor" window will appear.
6. Select the "General" tab.
7. Enter any needed information. Note: the account, activity, standard percentage, tax freight, and tax subtotal are required fields.
- Account- the ID shown in the rest of the application
- State/ Prov- base rule used when matching the ship to address
- Description- used for reporting and identification
- Crossover account- used when integrating with other data systems
- Active- note if the account is active (used) or for reference only.
- Standard Percentage- the tax rate
- Priority- This forms groups from 0 to 10. When used the “Tax Subtotal,” the lower group is totaled first, then numerically larger groups are calculated to include the previous group total.
- Tax Freight- check this box if freight charges are taxed.
- Tax Subtotal- check this box if the tax is levied after adding in other taxes.
8. Select the "Limits" tab to determine whether a tax applies. This tab applies to the
"State/ Prov" field from the "General" tab. Any entries in the tables on the "Limits" tab will further refine taxes.
9. Enter product types, city names, and zip codes.
10. Select "OK."