OASIS understands resell and the many associated actions that resell includes. In order to "sell" to an end customer, some groups are required to charge taxes and some are not. In OASIS, there must be at least one tax account set up, whether or not taxes are ever charged. This action tells OASIS if taxes are to be charged, how much, and if the customer is exempt.
OASIS uses "Tax Accounts" and "Tax Accounts 2." If "Tax Accounts" is not listed in the Configuration drop-down list, it is likely "Tax Accounts 2" is being used. For more information on Tax Accounts 2, click here.
However, to make "Tax Accounts" appear in the Configuration drop-down list, navigate to the "Global Settings" window and uncheck the "Use new taxes 2" box. For more information, click here. CAUTION: proceed with caution if tax accounts are already set up in Tax Accounts 2, as Tax Accounts 2 will be immediately deactivated.
1. Navigate to the Configuration page.
2. Select "Tax Accounts" from the drop-down list. Note: if "Tax Accounts2" is the only option, navigate to the "Global Settings" window and uncheck "Use new taxes 2" For more information, click here.
3. Select "File." Note: alternatively, select the button.
4. Select "New Tax Account."
5. The "Tax Account Editor" window will appear.
6. Enter a name for the account. Note: this cannot be a number or contain special characters. The idea is to this field to identify the tax authority (e.g. Arkansas).
7. Enter a description for the account, if needed.
8. Enter a crossover account, if needed. This is used to track accounts in account type software.
9. Enter the standard percentage. This is the rate of tax.
10. Check the "Tax Freight" box as needed.
11. Check the "Active" box to activate the tax account, otherwise leave the box unchecked to keep the account inactive.
12. Select "OK."
Please sign in to leave a comment.