Kits or assemblies are a number of parts put together to make one end item. This kit can have its own part number or users may leave a Kit "Part" column blank and OASIS will combine the Component "Part" columns together in the Kit line.
Components are the parts to make up kits. As components are added, the price is reflected in the kit price column. These can be rolled up or down when the quote is printed. Depending on the user's needs, it will print with just the kit line, the kit with items broken out, or when the items broken out and priced separately. Note: lamp lines may be substituted for component lines if needed.
Adding kit and component lines with the "Code" column, allows users to price items that are made up of several parts. OASIS gives users the option of displaying the breakdown of parts priced as a single line or displaying pricing that has been broken down into individual parts and lines. Common uses for kit and components are poles, track lighting, and assemblies of all types.
Adding Kits and Components to a Quote
1. Navigate to the Quotes page.
2. Create a new quote or open an existing quote.
3. Select the needed phase and bid tabs if there are more than one.
4. Select the "Items" tab.
5. Locate the first blank line under a Fixture line.
6. Enter "Kit" in the "Code" column. Note: users may leave the "Part" column of this line blank. After entering components, OASIS will merge the component part numbers on the Kit line. This is an optional process.
7. In the same row, enter information as needed. Note: this information may include the BQty, Type, Manufacturer, Part, Sell Price, etc.
8. In a blank row directly beneath the "Kit" row, enter "Component" into the "Code" column.
9. In the same row, enter information as needed. Note: this information may include the BQty, Type, Manufacturer, Part, Sell Price, etc.
10. Notice on the kit line, the "Sell Price" is grayed out. The prices of the components will total in the "Sell Price" column. On the Component lines, the number entered in the "BQty" column is the BQty to make one kit. The Sell Price should be the price per quantity.
11. Select "Save and Close."
Printing the Quote
When printing the quote, there are several ways to show the kit and the components.
1. Open the needed quote.
2. Select "File."
3. Select "Print."
4. The "Print" window will appear.
5. Select the needed option. Note: this example will use the "Customer Copy" option.
6. Continue the printing process. For more information on printing a quote, click here.
7. Uncheck the "Show components, lamps, and accessories" and the "show component prices" boxes to print with only the kit line
8. Check the "Show components, lamps, and accessories" box and uncheck the "Show component prices" box to show the kit with the items broken out.
9. Check the "Show components, lamps, and accessories" and the "show component prices" boxes to show the kit with the items broken out and priced separately.