Oftentimes, users must cross over fixtures/ parts when given a part/ catalog number that is not a brand they represent. OASIS can build a "Crossover Table," using a learn-as-you-go method for crossing over fixtures. To begin, users must enter the "Alt MFG" and "Alt Part" when initially crossing a product. This begins building the crossover table. Users must also add the "Spec Status" column to the quote to determine if crossovers have been approved and are successful. For more information, click here.
Adding "Alt MFG," "Alt Part" and "Spec Stat" Columns to the Quote
1. Navigate to the Quotes page.
2. Create a new quote or open an existing quote.
3. Select "File."
4. Select "Preferences."
5. The "Set Quote Preferences" window will appear.
6. Select the "Columns" tab.
7. Check the "Alt MFG," "Alt Part," and "Spec Stat" boxes. Note: use the "up" and "down" buttons to move the columns left or right on the quote.
8. Select "OK."
9. The columns will appear on the "Items" tab of the quote.
Manually Entering Quote Information
Once the columns have been added to the quote, users will need to enter the corresponding part and manufacturer that must be crossed with the alternate part and manufacturer. For user convenience, once this process has been completed, the crossover will be built into crossover history. Note: users will need to save/ print in order to view the correct crossover history. As this process is repeated, the table will continuously build and become more useful.
1. In the needed quote, select the "Items" tab.
2. In the "MFG" column, enter the name of the manufacturer you represent.
3. In the "Part" column, enter the part number.
4. In the "Alt MFG" column, enter the Spec'd manufacturer name. Note: this column is free form. Users may enter any manufacturer name.
5. In the "Alt Part" column, enter the part number. Note: this column is free form. Users may enter any part number.
Quoting and Using the Crossover Table
1. In the needed quote, select "Tools."
2. Select "Crossover History."
3. The "Spec'd Item" window will appear.
4. At the top of the screen, enter the spec'd manufacturer.
5. Enter the spec'd part number.
6. Select the refresh button. The database will scan for all previous times the Alt MFG and Alt Part have been crossed over.
7. Double-click on the line you wish to add to the quote. Note: the line will appear in the quote.
8. Complete the quote as needed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.