OASIS has the ability to email reminders, as well as have them appear on the Home Screen or pop-up on screen. This is done through a batch job that can be run automatically through the batch service on the OASIS server through any OASIS workstation. The batch job will email reminders to the user the reminder is assigned to, based on the date and time of the reminder, as well as the email in the user's account.
If users are running this through the OASIS batch service on the OASIS server, the batch service user must be set up with email preferences. For more information, click here. For batch job usage, SMTP is recommended. If the batch service user is set up to use Outlook, the Outlook client must be running on the server.
If users are running this job on demand, the same applies to the workstation it is being run on.
1. Navigate to the Configuration page.
2. Select "Software" from the drop-down list.
3. Select "Tools."
4. Select "Batch Jobs."
5. The "OASIS Batch Jobs" window will appear.
6. Select "Tools."
7. Select "Enable Email Reminders Batch."
8. The 'Create Batch Job" window will appear, asking to confirm the creation of a batch job.
9. Select "Yes."
10. The "Batch Job Created" window will appear, confirming batch success. Note: reminders will now be sent out via email every 30 minutes from the server running the OASIS batch service.
11. Select "OK."
12. Refresh the "OASIS Batch Jobs" window by selecting the button.
13. The new batch will be added to the list of existing batch jobs.