The Copy User Settings feature helps OASIS admins manage user accounts by quickly copying preferences and security settings from one user and applying it to one or more users. This is helpful when onboarding new users in the same or comparable role as other OASIS users. This article will explain how to use the Copy User Settings feature.
- User must have admin access to Users.
1. Navigate to the Configuration page, then select Users from the drop-down list.
2. Select a user from the listing that will receive the new settings. Shift+click or CTRL+click to select multiple users.
3. Click File, then select Copy User Settings from the drop-down list.
4. The Copy settings window will appear.
5. Select the user you would like to copy settings from using the Copy settings from user drop-down field. Note: preferences are saved when a user logs out of OASIS. If the selected user is currently logged in and has made changes to their preferences, these changes will not copy.
6. Choose the setting(s) you wish to copy.
- Security- copy the selected user's security settings
- Copy Preferences- copy the selected user's preferences
- Copy Email Preferences- copy the selected user's email configuration
7. Click Ok. The user(s) who received the copied settings will need to restart OASIS for the changes to take effect.