The Math Function tool manipulates the pricing of specific or all rows in a quote. This article will explain how to use the Math Function tool in O4.
1. Click to edit the bill of materials.
2. Edit menus will appear. Click Tools.
3. Click .
4. The Math Functions pop-up will appear.
5. Select the rows you wish to reprice using the Apply Function To field.
- Selected Rows- only spread profit across rows currently selected in the bill of materials.
- All Visible Rows- spread profit across all rows in the bill of materials.
6. Select the starting value column using the Use Values From drop-down list.
7. Select the column to place the results using the Place Results In drop-down list.
8. Enter a value into the Multiplier field.
- A value between 1.01 and 1.99 will calculate a 1-99% markup.
- A value between .01 and .99 will calculate a 1-99% markdown.
- A value between 2 and 99 will calculate a result that achieves a 2-99% profit margin.
9. If desired, round the results to a specific unit using the Round to Nearest drop-down list.
10. Check Save Macro to list the formula in the formula column that pertains to the column selected in the Place Results In drop-down list. For example, if the results are placed into the Sell Price column, the formula will appear in the Sell Formula column.
11. Click Apply. Note: this will save automatically. Click Undo under the Edit menu to revert the change.