The Formula Box allows users to quickly apply a markup, markdown, or profit margin calculation to the quote's Sell Price, Level 1, and Level 2 columns. The results will be placed in the column that follows it sequentially. For example, applying a markup or profit margin calculation to the Sell Price column will place the results in the Level 1 column, Level 1 results will be placed in Level 2, and Level 2 results will be placed in Level 3. This article will explain how to use the Formula Box in O4.
1. Click to edit the bill of materials.
2. Edit menus will appear. Click Formula.
3. Enter a value into the Formula field.
- A value between 1.01 and 1.99 will calculate a 1-99% markup.
- A value between .01 and .99 will calculate a 1-99% markdown.
- A value between 2 and 99 will calculate a result that achieves a 2-99% profit margin.
4. Click Apply. Note: this will save automatically. Click Undo under the Edit menu to revert the change.