The Spread Profit Tool allows the user to spread profit over the lines of the quote for either direct or resell orders. The user has the option of spreading the profit either by manufacturer or across the lines on the quote. This tool helps users determine how much cost needs to be added to a transaction to reach a given profit. For more information on how spreading profit works, click here.
1. Select the logo.
2. Select "Projects" from the drop-down list.
3. The "Project/ Quote Listing" page will appear.
4. Open the needed project.
5. The "Bid Editor" page will appear.
6. In the "Items" tab, select the button to edit the bill of materials.
7. Select "Tools."
8. Select "Spread Profit."
9. In the drop-down menu on the far left side of the screen, select a column to apply profit to. Note: this example will use the "Sell" column.
10. Enter the amount of profit to add OR enter the target price.
11. Select the "Manufacturers" tab.
12. Check the boxes corresponding to the manufacturer(s) and line type(s) you wish to spread profit to.
13. Select the "Select Options" tab.
14. Check the boxes corresponding to the option code(s) you wish to spread profit to.
15. To test the spread profit before applying it directly to the quote, select "Test."
16. The test results will appear at the bottom of the screen, detailing how much needs to be added to each part on the quote to reach the set profit.
17. To apply spread profit directly to the quote, select "Apply."
18. O4 will spread profit to the quote. Note: this will save automatically. To undo spread profit, select "Edit," and then select "Undo."