The Shipping Toolbar allows a user to enter shipping information and then apply the information to multiple lines on an order, saving both time and effort. Additionally, if the Shipping Toolbar is used on a line with an invoice against it, the shipping information will apply to both the invoice and the order. This article will explain how to use the Shipping Toolbar in an order. For more information on how to use the Shipping Toolbar in an invoice, click here.
Opening the Shipping Toolbar
1. Navigate to the Orders page.
2. Open an order.
3. Select the "Items" tab.
4. Select "Edit."
5. Select "Shipping Toolbar" from the drop-down list.
6. The Shipping Toolbar will appear directly below the order’s header information.
Using the Shipping Toolbar
1. In the bill of material, check the box in the "Sel" column for one or more lines that share the same shipping information. For more information about adding columns to an order, click here.
2. In the Shipping Toolbar, enter shipping information as needed. Note: the Shipping Toolbar must be filled out from left to right.
- SO#- the sales/factory order number provided by the manufacturer.
- Date- the date that the material is acknowledged, scheduled, or the material’s actual ship date.
- Loc- the location of the warehouse that the material is shipping from. Note: the Manufacturer Warehouse should have already been entered in the Manufacturer entry. For more information, click here.
- SCAC- the carrier name (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Track- the tracking number/pro number.
- Transit- the estimated days until delivery. Note: this information should have already been entered in the Manufacturer entry. For more information, click here.
3. Select "Apply."
4. Shipping lines will appear beneath the selected lines.
5. Repeat this process as necessary.
6. Check the box on the Shipping Toolbar to remove it.