OASIS allows users to add internal notes to projects that are only visible from within OASIS (they will not appear on any prints). The internal notes can be associated with the project itself, with a customer on the project, or with a line item on the project. OASIS will alert users of any internal notes with a pop-up window that occurs when the project is opened. If a user is utilizing any manufacturer pricing connectivity, the pop-up will also include any price changes that have occurred. This article will explain how a user can add the different types of internal notes on a project as well as how they will be displayed on the pop-up.
1. Navigate to the Projects section.
2. Open a project.
3. The project editor will appear.
Adding Internal Notes to a Project
Internal Notes on a Line Item
1. Select the Items tab.
2. Locate or add the "Int Notes" column to your BOM. To learn more about adding columns, click here.
3. Enter a note into the field.
Internal Notes on the Customer
1. Select the Customers tab.
2. Select a customer.
3. Select the Internal Notes tab.
4. Enter a note into the field.
Internal Notes on the Project
1. Select the Notes tab.
2. Select the Internal Notes tab.
3. Enter a note in the field.
The internal notes will be displayed in a pop-up the next time the project is opened. The pop-up will display the internal notes in the following order: line item, customer, and project. If there are any price changes associated with the project, it will be listed last in the pop-up and will be shown under a "Price Change!" header. The "Price Change!" shows up when the effective start date of a manufacturer's price list is after the update date of a quote on the project.