Users can customize the print of a submittal before emailing it to a customer. This article will explain and define the different options available for printing a submittal in O4.
1. Click the icon.
2. Select Submittals from the drop-down list.
3. Create a submittal or open an existing submittal. Note: For more information about creating a submittal from scratch, click here. For more information about creating a submittal from an existing project or order, click here.
4. The Submittal Editor will appear.
5. Click File, then Send from the drop-down menu.
6. The Print Submittal screen will appear.
7. Define general print options.
Note: at least one option must be checked in the Include section.
- Cover Letter- include the title page of the submittal in the print.
- Transmittal- include the transmittal in the print, which shows the options listed in the next section of the print options (step 9), and the bill of material.
- Submittal Letter- include the submittal letter in the print, which shows the bill of material.
- Note: it is recommended that users select either the Transmittal or the Submittal Letter since the bill of material would be duplicated.
- Pages- includes all cut sheet pages.
- Type Cover Page- include a cover page for each type on the submittal.
- Show Quantities- show the quantity on the submittal print.
- Hide Descriptions- hide descriptions on the submittal print.
- Hide Notes- hide notes on the submittal print.
- Save As Attachment- save the submittal as a PDF in the attachments tab.
- Show Lead Times (shipping estimates)- show the lead times on the submittal print.
- Use Customer Logo- use a customer logo for the submittal print. Note: this logo is found on the General tab of the Customer Editor. The customer must be selected in the Addressed To section of the submittal print options.
- Send Message as Link- send the submittal package as a link to download from our servers. Note: these links will expire accordingly based on the default attachment expiration setting.
- Print Front and Back- print the submittal pages front and back; duplex print.
- Cap File Size (MB)- max file size for the submittal link when using the Send Message as Link option.
8. Click .
9. Define transmittal options.
Check relevant transmittal information contained in the submittal package.
Check the relevant reason for sending the submittal package.
If manually attaching additional copies via fax or email, enter how many copies of the transmittal print options (Attached and For sections) are included. This does not affect the print from O4.
8. Click .
9. Check each line you wish to print in the submittal package.
10. Click .
11. Check the specifiers you wish to email the submittal package to. Note: users may click to add a different contact from the database or wait until the next step to manually enter recipients.
12. Click .
13. The Send Message screen will appear. Users can enter recipients, including carbon copies and blind carbon copies, the body of the email, and upload additional attachments. Click .
Please sign in to leave a comment.