Projects can be created through the Home Page by selecting the button, and through the Projects page. By creating a project, users can manage jobs, create and send quotes to customers, and attach electronic files.
1. Navigate to the Projects page.
2. Select “File.”
3. Select “New Project.”
4. The “Select Workgroup” window will appear if workgroups have been configured in OASIS.
5. Select the needed workgroup.
6. The project will appear in a new window. Note: the project name will default to “New Project.”
The Overview Tab
1. Use this tab to view all phases and bids within the project. Note: the “initial bid” tab will appear automatically.
2. Enter a project name.
3. Enter project notes. Note: these are internal notes and are used to track relevant information. Any user may view these notes by opening the project.
The Initial Phase Tab
1. Use this tab to create quotes related to the project.
2. Four additional tabs will appear: “General,” “Follow ups,” “Attachments,” and “Initial Bid.”
The General Tab
1. Use this tab to enter general information about the phase.
2. Enter a new phase name if desired.
3. Enter information as needed. Note: OASIS suggests entering as much information as possible, as this will allow for more detailed reports.
- Phase Name- the job name within the project
- Location- location of the job. Note: this information may affect some reports.
- Owner- owner’s name
- Won by- enter name of specifiers, distributors, or contractors who competed and won the job
- Quoter- the user who is assigned as the quoter for this job
- CSR- the project manager who is responsible for this job
- Specified Project- check this box if your lighting line is listed on the specification
- Locked- check this box to lock the phase and block non-administrative users from viewing it
- Active- this box is checked by default, showing that the job is active
- Show on Bid Board- check this box if you wish the project to be displayed on the Bid Board
- For Spec Registration- check this box if the job is for specification registration with the manufacturer
- % Specified- percent of the job your products were specified on. Note: this feature is now deprecated
- % Approval- percent of the job your bill of materials was approved for. Note: this feature is now deprecated
- Specifiers- add architects, engineers, contracts, etc to the job
- Project Rank- opportunity associated with the job
- Vertical- type of market
- External Code- ID code associated with the job on the company’s building service website
- Current Bid Date- bid date that will show on the bid tab
- Completion Date- estimated completion date of the job
- Start Date- estimated start date of the job
- Valuation- dollar value of the job
- Resell Company- a resell company for the orders at the quote level
- Commission Accounts- users who will receive credit for the job
The Follow Ups Tab
1. Use this tab to add notes, conversations, and information about the job. These may be customer specific or general.
2. Enter customer specific notes. For more information, click here.
3. Enter generic notes in the “Note” field, and select “Add.”
The Attachments Tab
1. Use this tab to attach electronic files to the job.
The Initial Bid Tab
1. Use this tab to create the first quote for this job.
2. Four additional tabs will appear: “Items,” “Customers,” “Manufacturers,” and “Notes.”
- Quote Status- status of the quote. Note: statuses are configurable. OASIS allows users to have as many bids as needed, but only one may be active at a time.
- RA Date- request for approval date
- Bid Date- bid date of the quote
- Exp Date- expiration date of the quote. Note: the default is 30 days, but may be manually adjusted
The Items tab
1. Use this tab to enter the parts of a bill of materials and their corresponding information. Note: columns can be added, removed, or reorganized using the Preferences tool. For more information, click here.
- Code- allows users to adjust their code as needed
- Quantity- number of items needed
- Type- the item type
- Manufacturer- the manufacturer of the item
- Catalog- the part number
- Cost- when an item is checked for resell, the cost must be entered here
- Base- first price that OASIS pulls from the price list based on the quote path. Note: most agencies use this column to record the lowest price.
- Base Comm- commission level of the base price
- OBase- the price at which the factory starts paying overage and the associated commission
- OBase Comm- commission of the overagable price
- Sell#%- the sell formula column, use this column to manipulate prices by adjusting an up or down percentage
- MFG Quote- place holder for the manufacturer's quote number
- Sell Price- price quoted to the customer
- Sell Comm- commission percentage
- L1/L2- other pricing columns
- Level 1/ Level 2- the columns are the only columns used to quote a customer
- % Overage- percent of the overage the company is keeping
- Int Note- line item note
- Description- identifying description of the item
The Customer Tab
1. Use this tab to add customers, contractors, and representatives to quote.
2. Select "Add Customer."
3. The select “Add Multiple Customers or Contacts” window will appear.
4. Select the needed customers and contacts.
5. Select “OK.”
The Manufacturer Tab
1. Use this tab to breakdown manufacturer totals, earnings, commission, overage, net, profit, and cost.
The Notes Tab
1. Use this tab to enter internal and external notes in the quote.
- Internal- appears in the office copy, and will never show in a document going to a customer
- External- appears below the bill of materials in a quote
2. Select "Save and Close."