The Order Staging screen allows users to enter information once and have it added to all the orders created from that screen. Once a winning customer has been selected on a quote, OASIS will allow users to convert the quote to an order. All information from the quote will be added to the order. Note: do not convert a quote to an order if you are not finished with the quote and if you have not selected a winning customer.
This example will discuss converting a quote into a single order. However, users may also convert a quote into multiple orders. For more information, click here.
1. Navigate to the Quotes page.
2. Create a new quote or open an existing quote.
3. If users have "options" on quote line items, these must be addressed before converting. If there are no "options," skip to step 6.
4. Set the "Code" column of each part that will be ordered to “Win Option.”
5. Set the "Code" column of each part that will not be ordered to “Pending.”
6. Set a winning customer. For more information, click here.
7. Select the button to open the Staging screen.
8. If any changes were made, such as adjusting Option codes, the “Question” window will appear, asking you to save changes to the project.
9. Select “Yes.”
10. The “Create Orders” screen will appear.
1. Use this tab to select the manufacturer to create orders for immediately. Note: users may return to this create to create orders for other manufacturers on the quote as needed.
3. Check the box corresponding to the needed manufacturer.
4. Enter any needed information.
5. Check the total order amounts and associated earnings for accuracy.
The Bill of Materials Tab
1. Use this tab to view and manage items being ordered from the manufacturer.
2. Set the "Sort by" field to sort the bill of materials by line number, fixture type/ manufacturer, or manufacture/ fixture type, if needed.
3. Uncheck the "Add New" box to remove an item from the order.
4. Review the bill of material to determine accuracy. Note: fields with missing information will appear in yellow and fields with errors will appear in red.
5. Check the "Hide 'no change' lines" box to view error messages for items that OASIS cannot convert.
The Order Entry/ Addresses Tab
1. Use this tab to enter order addresses and shipping requirements. Note: information added from this screen will appear on all orders converted from this quote.
The Order Notes Tab
1. Use this tab to add notes to the manufacturer on the order. Note: entered notes will automatically copy to all orders converted from this quote.
2. Select "Create." This will launch the order entry process.
3. The "Question" window will appear, asking if it is okay to change quote status from "Order Pending" to "Ordered."
4. Select "Yes."
5. If this is the first order, the "Question" window will appear, asking the user to create a release or hold order.
6. Select "Release" if wish to create a release order.
7. Select "Hold" if you wish to create a hold for release order or a partial release order.