Note: this article assumes that set up has been completed for the resell company, manufacturers, and customers (including sales tax accounts). If this process has not been completed and you wish to resell on a quote, please review the linked resell set up articles or contact customer support for assistance.
OASIS has comprehensive resell capabilities. Users can enter the following items:
- Manufacturers that may or may not be sold, referred to as “Resell OK” vendors. Note: agents can create both commissioned and resell orders for this manufacturer. Due to the dual nature of this vendor, users can have commission on a resell order if needed, or they can remove the commission if they do not receive commission on resell transactions.
- Manufacturers that are always bought and resold, referred to as “resell only” vendors.
- Services or intangibles that are billable. They are usually produced and billed under the company or resell company’s name.
- Profit is the margin that can be added to resold items and billed at the same time.
Adding The “Resell” and “Cost” Columns to the Quote
1. Navigate to the Quotes page.
2. Open the needed quote.
3. Select “File.”
4. Select “Preferences.”
5. The “Set Quote Preferences” window will appear.
6. Select the “Columns” tab.
7. In the “Columns” area, check the “Resell” and “Cost” boxes. Note: do not check these boxes in the “Frozen” area.
8. A “Resell” column and a “Cost” column will appear in the quote. Note: you may need to scroll to the far right to view these columns.
Quoting Resell Items
1. Check the “Resell” box.
2. Enter a cost. Note: enter a cost, even if it is zero, but no cost is required on profit lines.
3. “Resell Only” items will automatically check the cost. “Resell” box and the “Cost” column will remain yellow until a cost is entered.
4. Select the button to save these changes
Once the line(s) are identified, proceed with the normal process of quoting the job. The quote will appear exactly the same to the customer, who will see the brand names of the items being quoted.
Because OASIS understands the buy/sell process, the manufacturer breakout will list all resell items on one page under the name of the resell company. This ensures that customers place an order with you and not the underlying vendor.
Note: On “Resell Ok” vendor, commission can still apply to the quote, and the commission will be on the Vendor PO when converting to an order.
Once you get the job, OASIS will process the vendor PO, as well as the invoice to the customer. This allows tracking and managing of the job to be in one system.