Orders may take many different avenues during the course of a job. A Hold order is a standard customer order where all the quantities are zero. In OASIS, all Hold orders will have a red or gray screen.
It is recommended that users set the manufacturers who do not accept hold orders as "Agency Hold Only." For more information, click here.
To complete this process, users must create an order or convert a quote to an order. For more information, click here.
Creating a Hold Order
1. Navigate to the Orders page.
2. Select "File."
3. Hover over "New" and then select "Commission order" OR "Resell order," depending on user needs. This example will use a commission order.
4. The "Question" window will appear, asking if the order lines should default to release status or hold status.
5. Select "Hold."
6. The "PO Editor" window will appear.
7. In the "General" tab, enter the manufacturer, customer, and PO number. Note: if converted from a quote, this information will be automatically entered.
8. Select an Order Type. Note: if an order is converted from a project, OASIS will assume it's
"Project" type order. If there is no quote, OASIS will assume a "Stock" type order.
9. Using the "Preferences" tool, add the "Rel Now" (Release Now) column to the order. For more information on using the "Preferences" tool, click here.
10. In the order, select the "Items" tab.
11. Enter order quantities, type, part number, pricing, etc as needed.
12. Because this is a Hold order, the "Rel Now" column should be "0."
13. Complete the order by entering addresses/ shipping information, notes, etc as needed.
Printing a Hold For Release Order
1. Open the needed Hold order.
2. Select "File."
3. Select "Print."
4. The "Print PO" window will appear.
5. Customize print settings as needed.
6. Select "OK."
7. The "Question" window will appear, asking to change the order status to "Hold for Release."
8. Select "OK."
Please sign in to leave a comment.