There are two methods for creating an order in OASIS. Users may convert a quote to an order and they may create an order from the Orders page without a quote in the system. This documentation will discuss creating an order without a quote in the system. However, for more information on converting a quote to an order, click here.
Creating an Order Without a Quote
1. Navigate to the Orders page.
2. Select "File."
3. Select "New."
4. Select "New Commission Order" or "New Resell Order," depending on user needs.
5. The "Select Workgroup" window will appear.
6. Select the needed workgroup.
7. The "Question" window will appear, asking if lines on the order should default to release status or hold status.
8. Select "Release" OR "Hold," depending on your needs. This example will use "Release."
9. The "Customer PO" window will appear.
10. Locate the icon in the upper left corner of the screen. This icon indicates the state of the order. For more information, click here.
The General Tab
1. Use this tab to enter general information about the order.
2. Enter information as needed.
- Manufacturer- enter the manufacturer the order will be sent to.
- Customer- enter the needed customer.
- PO Number- enter the customer PO number.
- Project- enter the project/ job name.
- Order Type- if converting from a quote, it will show as "Project" by default. If creating a PO with no quote, it will default to "Stock."
- Stamp- enter a stamp. These are configurable and will show at the top of the PO.
- Lot Net Billing- check this box to notify the manufacturer to Lot Net Bill your customer.
- Ship Together- check this box to notify the manufacturer that you wish to have the ordered items shipped together.
- End User PO- enter the contractor's PO number.
- Freight Type- Enter the freight type. By default, OASIS has several freight types, but they are configurable to add others.
- Don't Ship Before- check this box and enter the date to notify the manufacturer that you do not want the ordered items shipped before the date.
- Est. Date- check the box and enter the estimated ship date.
- Req. on Site- check this box and enter the date to show the manufacturer when the items are required at the job location.
- MFG Quote- if this was entered on the "Create PO's" window, it will appear here. Note: MFG Quote numbers entered at the line level in a quote will appear at the line level in the PO as well.
- Our Quote- use this field to link an order to an OASIS generated quote. Note: the "#" sign must be entered. For more information, click here.
- Account- enter the account number for this customer for this manufacturer.
- PO Status- the status of PO. OASIS moves the status along as needed buy may be manually over-ridden.
- Entry Date- the date the PO was created.
- Architect, Engineer, Contractor, Etc- enter the specifiers.
- Commission Accounts- enter the account name, salesperson, or branch that will receive credit for the PO. Note: accounts may be split, but must equal 100%.
The Items Tab
1. Use this tab to enter items to be ordered. Note: the columns in this tab are configurable and can be changed using the Preferences Tool. For more information, click here.
2. Select the "Add Item" link.
3. Enter information as needed.
- Qty- enter the quantity of items ordered. Note: if converted from a quote, it should match
- Rel- enter the quantity of items that are being or have been released
- Rel Now- enter the quantity of fixtures being released on this order.
- Type- enter the fixture type.
- MFG- enter the manufacturer name.
- Part- enter the part or catalog number
- Description- enter an identifying description of the part.
- Note- enter the line item note. This will display immediately under the line item. Note lines are italicized and one font size larger than the standard font size.
- Net- enter the net before overage or markup
- Comm- enter the commission for the part
- Over- enter the overage per item
- Sell- enter the price you are selling the item for. This is what the manufacturer sees.
- %Over Split- enter your overage split with the manufacturer.
The Addresses Tab
1. Use this tab to enter the "Sold To," "Bill To," "Ship To," and "Alternate" addresses.
- Sold To- the address of the company the items will be sold to
- Bill To- the address of the company to be be billed
- Ship To- the address the items will be shipped to
- Alternate- an alternate address
- When to use the alternate- instructions for the manufacturer of when to use the alternate address.
- Markings- text entered here will show on the order just above the bill of materials
- Call Ahead- Text entered here will show on the order just above the bill of materials.
The Accounting Tab
1. Use this tab to enter customer invoice information.
The External Notes Tab
1. Use this tab to enter external notes. These notes will show on the order just below the bill of materials. For more information, click here.
The Internal Notes Tab
1. Use this tab to enter internal notes. These notes will only show on the office copy. When the order is opened later, these notes will pop-up in a window as a reminder. For more information, click here.
The Problems Tab
1. Use this tab to add problems and follow ups for specific users. For more information, click here.
The Revisions Tab
1. Use this tab to track and store revisions to the order.
The Attachments Tab
1. Use this tab to attach electronic files to the order.
2. Select "Save and Close."