The Submittal Page Editor is used to review and annotate a cut sheet using highlights which can be learned for later use. For more information on learning highlights, click here. This article will explain the various options available within the Submittal Page Editor.
1. Navigate to the Submittals page.
2. Select the button to create a new submittal, or double-click to open an existing submittal.
3. Drag and drop a cut sheet into the space, or double-click the icon to open an existing cut sheet page. For more information on how to load cut sheets in the BOM, click here.
4. The Submittal "Page Editor" window will appear.
5. The toolbar allows the user to annotate the image.
- Select tool- select any highlights by clicking and dragging a section of the image.
- Highlight tool- draw a new highlight by clicking and dragging on the image.
- Oval tool- draw a new oval highlight by clicking and dragging on the image.
- Line tool- draw a new line highlight by clicking and dragging on the image.
- Arrow tool- draw a new arrow highlight by clicking and dragging on the image.
- Delete selected- delete selected highlights by clicking and dragging a section using on the image.
- Properties - edit the selected highlight's properties.
6. Click an existing highlight to select it, then select "Highlight Properties" from the toolbar. Note: users can also double-click on an existing highlight or select the "Highlight" option on the taskbar.
7. The “Highlight Properties” window will appear. Use this window to customize the look of a highlight.
- Preview- shows the user the current look of the highlight to be applied.
- Color (Background)- changes the color of the highlight.
- Transparent- toggles background transparency.
- Border Color - changes the color of the border on the highlight.
- Border width- change the thickness of the border surrounding the highlight.
- Text- add text to display within the highlight.
- - bolds the text.
- - italicizes the text.
- Font- changes the font of the text.
- Font size- changes the font size of the text.
- Horizontal alignment- sets horizontal alignment.
- Vertical alignment- sets vertical alignment.
- Font Color- changes the color of the font.
- Remember font and color when learned- allows users to “learn” any modifications made to the color or font of the highlight.
- Set As Default- saves the current highlight property settings for later use.
8. The taskbar allows users to edit the base image, navigate through the pages, or create quick clips.
- Edit base image- opens the Base Image Page Editor. For more information, click here.
- Page Edit / View- a list of each page for the cut sheet. Select a page to view it.
- Quick Clips- a list of quick clips. A quick clip is a reusable highlight template.
- (add new clip)- create a new quick clip of a selected highlight.