The submittal editor provides users with the necessary tools to create a professional submittal package. This article will explain the various fields and sections with the Submittal Editor that are necessary to build the submittal package.
The Submittal Editor
1. Navigate to the Submittals page.
2. Select the button to create a submittal, or double-click on an existing submittal entry to edit it.
3. The Submittal Editor will appear.
4. Enter any information pertaining to the submittal package into the submittal header.
- Project- project name for the submittal.
- Location (City/State)- location of the job.
- Submitted On- the date the submittal was sent.
- Submitted By- the create user ID of the submittal.
- Bid Date - the bid date of the project.
- Specifier- specifier name and role associated with the job.
- Created- the date the submittal was created and the create user ID.
- Updated- the date the submittal was updated the update user ID.
The Items Tab
The items tab represents the OASIS cut sheet library by brand on the left and the submittal's bill of material (BOM) on the right.
1. Enter the information relating to each part on a submittal.
- QTY- the number of items
- Type- the fixture type
- Part- the catalog number
- Lead time- the estimated time before the material can ship.
- Show description- show the description field to enter an identifying description of the part.
- Show note- show the note field to enter a note pertaining to the line. Note: this will print onto submittal and transmittal letter. For more information on the print options for a submittal, click here.
- [WWW]- open the web URL for the base image. For more information, click here.
- Learn- remember highlights for later use. For more information, click here.
2. As lines are added to the BOM, brands will populate in the cut sheet library.
The Cut Sheet Library
1. Navigate the cut sheet library by using the "Page / Part" search bar or selecting a brand to locate the appropriate cut sheets for each part number. Note: the cut sheet library will only contain cut sheets that have been loaded into the Cut Sheet page of OASIS. For more information, click here.
3. Drag and drop cut sheets into the space next to a line on the BOM. For more information on how to load cut sheets into the BOM on a submittal, click here.
2. Once a cut sheet is added, double-click the to open the Submittal Page Editor.
3. The Submittal "Page Editor" window will appear.
3. Make any necessary highlights. For more information, click here.
4. Learn any necessary highlights. For more information, click here.
The Notes Tab
1. Use this tab to enter any remarks or notes relevant to the submittal.
- Remarks- remarks will print above the BOM on the submittal and transmittal letters
- Notes- notes will print below the BOM on the submittal and transmittal letters
- SubmittalFooter- the submittal footer will print the output footer of the workgroup at the bottom of the submittal and transmittal letters.
The Attachments Tab
1. Use this tab to attach electronic files or access the OASIS tree.