Sales accounts are whomever receives credit for the order. These "accounts" can be people, branch offices, house accounts, or any other entity. Users can create, track, and report on sales accounts, as well as configure the percentage of credit given to each account. Note: users must be associated with a sales account in order to select it from the Assigned To field in the customer editor. To associate a user with a sales account, assign the Sales role and select the sales account in the Comm. Account field in the user editor.
1. Navigate to the Configuration page.
2. Select "Sales Accounts" from the drop-down list.
3. Select "File." Note: alternatively, select the button.
4. Select "New Sales Account."
5. The "Sales Account Editor" window will appear.
The General Tab
1. Use this tab to customize sales accounting settings, such as the name and percent of sales. The percent of sales are used to pay sales people. For more information, click here.
- Account- name or ID of the sales account
- Description- an identifying description of the sales account
- Crossover Account- used to track accounts in external programs
- Percent of Commission- split between sales account and the company. It takes the assigned commission amount from the sales account split on the transaction and splits it again based on the percentage entered here.
- Percent of Overage- split between sales account and the company. It takes the assigned overage from the sales account split on the transaction and splits it again based on the percentage entered here.
- Percent of Margin- split between sales account and the company. It takes the assigned margin amount from the sales account split on the resell transaction and splits it again based on the percentage entered here. Note: this effects resell transactions only.
- Active- check this box to make the account active, otherwise leave the box unchecked to make the account inactive.
The Adjustments Tab
1. Use this tab to make financial adjustments for orders and invoices for the account.
2. Select the button to add adjustments as needed.
- Effective date- the date the adjustment was entered
- Description- a brief description of the adjustment
- Crossover Account- a crossover account to receive credit for the adjustment
- Amount- amount to be adjusted
- Order- the PO number this adjustment is for
- Invoice- the invoice number this adjustment is for
The Goals Tab
1. Use this tab to view current goals for this sales account. For more information on setting sales account goals, click here.
2. Select "OK."