The Math Function Tool is the preferred method of manipulating pricing in O4. Users may choose to manipulate a specific set of prices or all the prices in the quote by highlighting the rows they wish to manipulate.
1. Select the logo.
2. Select "Projects."
3. The "Project/ Quote Listing" window will appear.
4. Open the needed project.
5. The "Bid Editor" page will appear.
6. In the "Items" tab, select the button to edit the bill of materials.
7. Select "Tools."
8. Select "Math Functions."
9. The "Math Functions" window will appear.
10. Customize settings as needed.
- Selected rows- check this box to apply changes only to selected rows. Note: users must highlight the needed rows to be manipulated on the quote.
- All rows- check this box to apply changes to all rows.
- Use Values from- select which column pricing will be pulled from.
- Place Result in- select which column will show the new pricing.
- Multiplier- enter the percentage you wish to manipulate the price by. For example, if you wish to see what pricing would be with a 30% increase, enter 30 into the box.
- Round to the Nearest- round prices to the nearest unit ($0.01, $0.05, $0.10, $1.00, etc)
- Save Macro- check this box to show the formula for arriving at this price change in the formula column for Sell, Level 1,2, or 3.
11. Select "OK."
12. The results will show in the column that was entered in the "Place Result" field. Note: the "Sell Price" column will retain the original pricing.