Users can create customer, representative, and manufacturer contacts and define their contact information, company information, influence, Customer Portal login, and more. This article will explain how to create a contact in O4.
1. Click the icon.
2. Select Contacts from the drop-down list.
3. The Contact Listing will appear.
4. Click File, then New Contact.
5. The Contact Creator will appear.
6. Define identifying information for the contact, including name, department, and job position.
7. To associate the contact with an entry in the database, select customer, manufacturer, or representative from the Partner Type drop-down list. A new field will appear to allow users to select the entry's name. To create a standalone contact entry, select none.
8. Click Add to enter contact information, including email, phone number, fax number, and website. Note: an email is required to sign into the Customer Portal. The email must be unique (no other contacts or users can have this email in their set up).
Marketing & Order Influence
9. Define marketing and order entry information.
- Suppress- this feature is currently not functional.
- Sales Stage- the unique sales stage defined in the Contact Configuration tool.
- Contact Group- the unique group defined in the Contact Configuration tool.
- Role- the contact's customer role.
- Assigned Sales- the user assigned to the contact. The user must have the Sales role selected and a comm. account (sales account) assigned in their user account to appear in this drop-down list.
- Influence- the contact's rank number used for influence. This number is manually entered.
User Keys & Web Access
10. Define search tags and customer portal access.
- Web UserID- this field is currently not functional. Contacts will use their email address set up in the Contact Information tab to sign into the Customer Portal.
- Web Password- a unique password.
- Web Password Expiration- an expiration date for the password.
11. Enter the contact's work address (company address).
12. Enter any notes related to the contact. These notes will not appear on any transaction prints.
13. Click to create the contact.
Please sign in to leave a comment.