This article will explain how to enable Request for Quote (RFQ) processing for Signify as well as how it works. This feature is still in development. Note: this article assumes that the Signify connectivity has been configured in OASIS. For more information, click here.
Setting Up RFQ Processing
1. Navigate to the Manufacturers page.
2. Open the manufacturer entry for Signify.
3. Select the "Configure Specialization" link.
4. The “Specialization Configuration” window will appear.
5. Select the “Brand Specific” tab.
6. Check the “Send Request For Quotes” box.
7. Select "Save."
How it Works
1. Navigate to the Quotes or Projects page.
2. Open a Signify quote.
3. Select the “General” tab.
4. Ensure that location information for both city and state is entered.
5. Select the "Initial Bid" tab.
6. Select “Print.”
7. The “Print” window will appear.
8. Select "Request for Quote."
9. The “Print Request for Quote” window will appear.
10. Check the "Signify" box.
11. Select “Next.”
12. A new window will appear.
13. Define the print parameters.
- Blank Unit Prices- removes the unit price of each part and shows the lot total for the quote.
- Suppress Zero QTY Items- removes any rows that have zero quantity.
- Options- includes options and the parts within the options.
- Win Options- includes win options and the parts within the options
- Pending Options- includes pending options and the parts within the options.
- Attention- a message to indicate the intended recipient of the transaction.
- Stamp- a message to be printed on each page of the print.
- Message to Manufacturer- a message to the manufacturer. Note: messages are not available to send to Signify currently.
14. Select "Print.”
Note: if the MFG Target column was left blank, OASIS will ask if the user would like to copy the pricing from cost/sell. Click "Copy All." To learn how to add the MFG Target column for use next time, click here.
15. The “Question …” window will appear asking if the user would like to send directly to the factory.
16. Select “Yes.”
17. The “Sending data direct to manufacturer …” window will appear.
18. Review the manufacturer's "Target" pricing, if necessary.
19. Select “Send Now.”
20. The "Sending ...." message will appear in the title bar.
21. The "Successfully sent transaction to factory" message will appear in the title bar to indicate that the process was successful.
22. Select "Close" to close the window or select "Print" to print the transaction.