O4 allows users to generate a bearer token for API use. This article will explain how to generate a bearer token for yourself and for other users in O4.
Creating a Bearer Token for Yourself
1. Click , then select Security Settings from the drop-down list.
2. The User Security page will appear.
3. In the Authentication section, click for the Generate API Bearer Token field. Note: multiple tokens can be generated.
4. The token will generate. Click and drag to select the text. The token can be copied and pasted for use.
5. Enter a name into the Token Name field. This allows for organization amongst multiple bearer tokens.
6. Click . Red text will appear indicating the bearer token was saved.
Creating a Bearer Token for Another User
Note: this process requires admin access to users.
1. Select the icon.
2. Select Configuration from the drop-down list.
3. Select Users.
4. The Users Listing will appear.
5. Click a user in the listing to open it.
6. Click , then click the API Tokens tab.
7. Once the tab is in edit mode, click . Note: multiple tokens can be generated.
8. The token will appear. Click and drag to select the text. The token can be copied and pasted for use. Users can name the token to allow for organization among multiple bearer tokens.
9. Click .