PAT Aging is an O4 report created with machine learning technology that analyzes historical shipping and invoicing patterns to predict when payments may be received. This report will update nightly.
For a video walkthrough about PAT Aging, click here.
- A web workgroup must be selected in O4 Web Global Settings. If not set, it may take up to 24 hours for the report to analyze and generate data.
- At least 6 months of shipping information entered on orders. This is recommended for PAT to make reasonable predictions.
1. Click the icon.
2. Select Invoices from the drop-down list.
3. The Invoice Listing page will appear.
4. Click Reports, then PAT Aging.
5. The PAT Aging Report will appear.
Understanding the Report Builder
The toolbar provides menus to print a report or adjust the report's parameters.
- Reports- print an order aging report, an invoice aging report, or all PAT Aging data to XLSX for the selected timeframe
- Timeframe- select a timeframe for the report (sliding 12 months, previous 6 months, previous 12 months, or a single year from the last 5 years)
- Workgroup- filter the report by workgroup
- Kind- select the type of earnings to show in the report (resell or commission)
- Show- hide/show order earnings, invoice earnings, forecasted earnings (forecast), or payment amounts
The header, titled Showing, provides an overview of the data presented in the report.
- Timeframe- the selected timeframe
- Last Prediction Update- the date of the last prediction scan
- Selected Content- the type of earnings data (resell or commission) in the report
- Last Updated- the date the report last updated
- Accuracy- the % of predictions that correctly targeted the payment date
- 15= represents the % of predictions that were within 15 days of the payment date
- 30= represents the % of predictions that were within 30 days of the payment date
The report, titled Content, will display the selected data as defined in the report menus for each manufacturer across the selected timeframe.
Understanding the Data
Shown values (Show menu in the toolbar) will appear for each manufacturer.
- Order Earnings- total earnings on orders without invoices that was expected to be paid (past months) or is expected to be paid (future months)
- Invoice Earnings- total earnings on invoices without payments that was expected be paid (past months) or is expected to be paid (future months)
- Forecast- total earnings expected to be received for the current month and future months
- Payments- total payments entered for the manufacturer
Blank months indicate that there are no predictions for the month or there has not been enough historical data to make a prediction.
Open Earnings in Past Months
Previous months' data show what actually happened. Order or Invoice Earnings amounts for previous months indicate that there is an outstanding balance. This may indicate that it's time to begin collection efforts.
Earnings in Future Months
The current month and future months' data are a prediction of what's expected to be received on orders and invoices. This insight on future income may help guide business spending decisions.
Drilling into the Report
PAT Aging allows users to view the order, invoice, and payment details for any amount shown in the report. For the orders and invoice sections, PAT Sales is included to show the projected value of the transaction congruent with the predicted earnings. This amount will not always match the total sell value, as PAT logic may be considering partial payments (e.g. paying commission before overage) or partial releases.
1. Click a cell to view header level details.
2. Click a row to open the transaction in O4.