Resell companies allow users to create resell quotes and orders. This article will explain how to create a resell order in O4.
1. Click the icon.
2. Select Configuration from the drop-down list.
3. Click Resell.
4. The Resell Listing page will appear.
5. Click File, then select New Resell Company from the drop-down list.
6. The Create Resell Company page will appear.
The General Tab
Use this tab to enter general, overhead, and transaction number information for the resell company.
- Company ID- enter the identifying abbreviated company name.
- Name- enter the complete company name. Note: this can be the same as the company name or can be a separate resell entity name.
- Tax ID- enter the company's tax ID number.
- Pay Costs Before Markup- use this setting to adjust the commissions for account report, paying the cost of material before any profit, reducing the credit to the sales person to profit only.
- Default Resell Company- check this box to designate this company as the default resell company.
- Percent- enter the percent of profit to be deducted.
- Calculate From- select the pricing column used for the deduction from the drop-down field. Options include Cost, Profit, or Sell.
Use the transaction counters to control the prefix (Prefix column) and number (Next column) used for resell vendor order PO numbers, vendor invoice numbers, and credit numbers. These numbers will automatically generate when the transaction is created.
The Contact Information Tab
Use this tab to fill in contact information for the resell company.
Ship Address and Bill Address
Enter the address, or use Our Addresses or Address Book to auto fill the information.
- Our Addresses- use a workgroup's address for the workgroup
- Address Book- use a customer's or manufacturer's address for the workgroup
Phone, E-Mail, and Other Numbers
Click to add the kinds that are set up in customer configuration.
The Terms Tab
The Quotes Subtab
Use this tab to enter text that will appear on all quotes with the resell company selected.
The Orders Subtab
Use this tab to define freight terms and text that will appear on customer copies of orders with the resell company selected.
- Amount- define the minimum amount required for freight allowance. Note: the dollar sign can be deleted for an allowance type based on weight.
- Allowance Type- define what measure freight allowance is based on.
The Vendor Orders Subtab
Use this tab to enter text that will appear on vendor orders for the resell company.
The Invoices Subtab
Use this tab to define the number of days required for payment and text that will appear on invoices with the resell company selected.
7. Click to create the resell company.