Conversations is an O4-exclusive feature that provides users with a platform to house internal communications over direct messages and phone calls. This article will explain how create a call log in Conversations from the Conversations page. Learn how to create a call log from the Conversations tab or learn the difference between the Conversations page and the Conversations tab in a transaction.
1. To access the Conversations page, click the Conversations button in the top right corner of the screen. This button can be found on any page in O4 except when Conversations is already open. The button will display gray or red depending on the status of the user's messages.
- - the user has no unread messages
- - the user has one or more unread messages
2. The Conversations page will appear. The My Conversations tab will be open by default. This tab allows users to track conversations for which they are the sender, recipient, or follower.
3. Click to create a new call log.
4. The Call Log editor will appear. It will automatically begin recording the call duration. Users may pause and/or adjust the time as needed.
- - pause the call. Users can manually enter the time while the call is paused. The button will be available to allow users to resume the call counter, if desired.
- - decrease the time by 30 seconds
- - increase the time by 30 seconds
5. Enter a subject line in the Subject field.
6. Enter the contact's name into the Name field along with their contact details including company name, email address, and phone number, if desired.
Users can begin typing to see a a list of Contact suggestions from their database. Selecting a contact from the suggestions list will auto-fill the company, email, and phone number if the information is entered in the contact's entry. Press ESC on your keyboard to free form text.
7. If a transaction is associated with conversation, select Quote or Order from the Transactions drop-down menu. In the same field to the right of the Transactions drop-down menu, enter the name of the project associated with the transaction and select the transaction. This will provide a link in the message thread to allow users to quickly open the transaction in O4.
Note: conversations tied to a transaction will be visible to all users who have access to the transaction. Learn more about Conversations in a transaction.
8. Enter details about the call in the Notes field.
9. Click to create the call log. Note: call logs cannot be edited once they are created.