Workstation Preferences allow users to customize general OASIS settings, such as auto-login, the temp directory location, and various print settings, as well as customize settings for the entire database, such as changing the connection speed and enabling debug connection. These preferences save to the Preferences file in the user's .oasis folder, meaning they will only apply to the machine that the changes were made on.
- Users must have admin access to Software.
- It is strongly recommended to contact OASIS Support by calling 501-843-6750 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before making changes to understand how the changes will affect OASIS performance and behavior.
1. Navigate to the Configuration page, then select Software from the drop-down list.
2. Under Workstation Configuration, click Preferences.
3. The Workstation Settings window will appear. It contains two tabs: General and Database.
The General Tab
Use this tab to customize general OASIS settings and behavior.
- Auto login- check this box to automatically log into OASIS when OASIS is launched
- User ID- enter your User ID
- Password- enter your password
- Force printer resolution to x DPI- define the printer resolution for prints in OASIS
- Safe margins- set safe margins on prints in OASIS
- Hide OASIS icon in Windows Tray- hide the icon in the system tray on Windows machines
- Use internal PDF Viewer- use the OASIS native PDF viewer rather than launching the machine's default application for viewing PDFs
- Use alternate TEMP directory- use an alternate TEMP directory to launch OASIS
- Adjust Primary Font- increase or decrease the overall font size of OASIS
The Database Tab
Use this tab to customize database settings.
- Database connection speed- how frequently OASIS calls the database for changes
- Slow- make fewer calls to the database
- Normal- the recommended amount of calls for most users
- Fast- make more calls to the database
- Auto DB Reconnect- allow the database to automatically reconnect after network disruptions
- Cache database calls- cache all calls that are made to the database
- Use Debug Connection- enable debug logging for OASIS support
- If setup, use this system for sync services- use this machine and your user to facilitate sync processes