Users with admin access can create new users, assign them to workgroups, organize work covers, customize credit received for commission, overage, and margins, set security access, and more. This article will explain how to create a user as well as define the fields within the user editor.
CAUTION: users that are no longer affiliated with the company should be made inactive. Do not delete users, as this can cause data loss.
1. Navigate to the Configuration page.
2. Select "Users" from the drop-down list.
3. Select "File."
4. Select "New." Note: alternatively, users can select from the header or press CTRL+N on the keyboard.
5. The "User Editor" window will appear.
The General Tab
Use this tab to configure user IDs, login information, roles, and payment settings.
- User ID- the username entered when logging into OASIS.
- First Name- the user's first name. This will appear several places in OASIS, such as printed documents.
- Middle Name- the user's middle name. This will appear several places in OASIS, such as printed documents.
- Last Name- the user's last name. This will appear several places in OASIS, such as printed documents.
- CSR- check this box if the user creates order at any time.
- Quoter- check this box if the user creates projects/ quotes at any time. The percentage field allocates a percentage of credit on a transaction.
- Sales- check this box if the user is a sales person and has a sales account.
- EMail reminders- check this box for reminders to be emailed to the user.
- Auto Acknowledge email reminders- check this box for reminders to be automatically acknowledged after the email is sent.
- Workgroup ID- the workgroup the user is assigned to.
- Password- enter the password. Note: leave blank and check "No Password" the user does not require a password, but note that a password is required to log in on the web.
- No password- check this box if the user does not have a password.
- Active- check this box to make the user active.
- User Type- select the user type that accurately explains the user's needed access to Legacy OASIS and O4. For more information, click here.
- Comm Acct- select the user's sales account from the drop-down menu to set them up to receive credit for commission.
- Percent of Commission- percent of commission the user receives.
- Percent of Overage- percent of overage the user receives.
- Percent of Margin- percent of margin (for resell) the user receives.
The Contact Information Tab
Use this tab to enter the user's address and contact information. Note: an email is required for the user to log in on the web.
The Security Tab
Use this tab to configure the user's access to applications in OASIS. For more information on security settings, click here.
The Workgroup Access Tab
Use this tab to grant user access, with respect to the user's security set up, to one or more workgroups.
The Personnel Tab
Use this tab to enter secure user information, such as date of birth and social security number. Note: this is not required, and will only be displayed for users with admin rights for "Users."
The Notes Tab
Use this tab to enter notes related to this user. Note: these will only be visible for those with security access to "Users."
The Covering Other Users Tab
If this user is replacing another user, you can assign jobs from the previous user to the new user.
The Attachments Tab
Use this tab to add any electronic files related to the user.
Please sign in to leave a comment.