Some users are required to manage orders and quotes for another office. To do so, the following configurations are recommended:
- Create users and sales accounts for all outside salesmen, whether they log in or not. Note: a license is not consumed unless they log into OASIS.
- Create a workgroup for each office or business unit.
- Add any required logos or addresses for each workgroup
- Create a "quote user" for users that must quote in a workgroup other than the one they are assigned to. Note: do not use for login.
- Configure user workgroup access for users who work in multiple workgroups.
The logos and contact information that shows on orders is determined by the order's assigned workgroup. For more information on changing workgroups, click here.
There are two different issues when printing quotes.
- what shows on the quote for the customer
- which workgroup the quote will report under
When a quote is printed, the logos and address information is always pulled from the "quoter's" assigned workgroup.
If a user is to create quotes for multiple offices AND the workgroup information is to print differently for each office, then the user must have a user defined in each of the workgroups. Caution: never use the other logins. Each different login used will consume one OASIS license.
Some users simply create a user with the name of the workgroup, allowing anyone to use the login as the "quoter" on a project or quote, thereby showing a different logo or address information.
For reporting reasons, the quote may be assigned to a different workgroup using the "change workgroup feature on the project. For more information, click here.
Invoices and Payments
The order defines which office is responsible for the transaction. The same "Change workgroup" and "sales accounts" features are on the invoice. However, the controls are exactly the same data elements that are found on the order. Note: changing a workgroup or sales account on the invoice changes the corresponding information on the order.
The discussion above directly affects reporting. The sales account concept is typically used on payday for the outside sales staff (a few OASIS users utilize this concept for reporting by office.) Most OASIS users with multiple offices assign one workgroup per office per OASIS workgroup. This allows searches and reports to group data by workgroup.