User Types control a user's access to O4 and Legacy OASIS. User Types can be changed at any time, but changes may affect billing. Before making changes, please contact OASIS Sales by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 501-843-6750. To learn more about O4, read our What is O4? help article.
- Users must have Admin access to Users to assign a User Type.
Defining User Types
There are five User Types in OASIS:
- Legacy Only- user can access Legacy OASIS only
- O4 Only- user can access O4 only
- Hybrid (O4/Legacy)- user can access both Legacy OASIS and O4
- API Access- user can access O4 via API only; the user cannot log in to either platform
- OASIS Service- user cannot access either platform; used for Notification Account setup
O4 Dashboard Implications
The O4 Dashboard in Legacy OASIS is a user interface that allows users without O4 access to experience select O4-exclusive features, such as Tiles. User Types control access to the O4 Dashboard.
- The O4 Only or Hybrid (O4/Legacy) User Type disables the O4 Dashboard. Clicking the O4 Dashboard will open your O4 instance in a new browser window.
- The Legacy Only User Type enables the O4 Dashboard. Clicking the O4 Dashboard will open a new Legacy OASIS window.
Assigning a User Type
1. Navigate to the Configuration page.
2. Select Users from the drop-down list.
3. Open a user.
4. The User Editor window will appear.
5. Click the General tab.
6. Select a User Type from the User Type drop-down list.
7. Click Ok.