This window is used to mass enter POs and invoices into OASIS. Care should be taken as the information injected into the OASIS database is in summary form only. Some details reports will not function as expected, and resell invoicing may be affected (resell invoicing may still be possible, but some of the automated functions will not be available).
Even with these limitations, the multiple PO/ Invoice entry screen is an excellent method for entering PO information from NEMRA compliant manufacturers, summary reports from other data systems, and bulk data entry from data sources outside OASIS. The result is the ability to use OASIS reports for all agency sales.
Navigating to the Multiple PO/ Invoice Entry Window
1. Navigate to the Invoices page.
2. Select "Tools."
3. Select "Multiple Commissioned PO/ Invoice Entry."
4. The "Multiple PO/ Invoice Entry" window will appear.
Use this window to complete the following tasks:
- Entering multiple invoices only
- Entering orders and invoices
- Entering invoices and a payment at the same time
Using the Multiple PO/ Invoice Entry Window
Customer ID or Customer Numbers
To mass enter PO and invoice data, users must enter the OASIS Customer ID or the manufacturer’s Customer Number. If the manufacturer’s Customer Number is used, then all Customer Numbers for the manufacturer must be recorded in OASIS. This is completed from the "Accounts" tab in the Manufacturer editor. For more information on setting up customer accounts, click here.
Manufacturer- the manufacturer name is required.
For existing POs:
- Duplicate the PO#- if the PO # is already in OASIS, a new entry is added.
- Update existing PO- if the PO # is already in OASIS, it is updated (appended to).
- Do nothing- if the PO # is already in OASIS, no new entry is added or updated.
For existing invoices:
- Duplicate the Invoice#- if the Invoice # is already in OASIS, a new entry is added.
- Update existing Invoice- if the Invoice # is already in OASIS, it is updated.
- Do nothing- if the Invoice # is already in OASIS, no new entry is added or updated.
CSR – the user to assign as the CSR for the order.
Entering Data into the Multiple PO/ Invoice Entry Window
Data may be copy and pasted from Microsoft’s Excel (or other spreadsheet application) or manually keyed directly into OASIS. Information columns can be added or removed from the window, using the "Preferences" tool. Columns can also be organized from the "Preferences" window or dropped directly into the "Multiple PO/ Invoice Entry" window. For more information on adding, removing, and reorganizing columns, click here.
All available columns and their definitions are listed below:
- Cust. Valid- the customer ID or manufacturer’s Customer Number was found
- Customer ID- the OASIS customer ID
- Account ID- OASIS customer account code
- PO Create- enough information is available to create a PO
- Invoice Create- enough information is available to create an invoice
- PO#- PO number to create, append and/or link invoice information to
- PO Date- PO date to use when creating POs
- PO Sales- total sale of the PO
- PO Comm- total agency commission for the PO
- Invoice#- invoice number to create, or append to
- Invoice Date- invoice date to use when creating new invoices
- Inv. Sales- total amount of the invoice
- Inv. Comm- total estimated earnings for the invoice
- City, State, Zip- customer sold to city, state and zip
- Project- project name
- Pay- DO NOT USE
- Tag1, Tag2, Tag3, Tag4- attachment tags to create for the PO/ invoice
Once the information is entered, select “Create Transactions” to process the information. As rows are acted on, they are removed from the screen (if all operations are successful). However, if any issue is found (e.g. not enough information is available to create the PO, the PO number already exists, etc.), the related row will not be removed from the screen. This allows the user to quickly identify problems and resubmit the data for processing.
When complete, a detailed report is printed showing the actions that were taken. Note: blank rows are skipped and (in many cases) the last row will be blank.
This is a very powerful tool, and it is best to run a test first. Before adding hundreds of rows to the OASIS database using this tool, try adding a single PO with or without invoice. The PO will be immediately added to the database – open it and review the results. Once the results are acceptable, repeat with a larger set of data.
Many OASIS features are enabled by recording data at the line level. Creating invoice information using this feature records data as a “lot value” and not at the line level. The following features (and reports) will not have the information necessary when lot values are used:
- showing project status in the project or quotes screen
- part number reporting
- various shipping reports
Originally, this feature was designed for importing information from manufacturers in the electrical products industry. Lighting representatives have wanted an easy way to do the same – but with less information. The only required fields are PO#, Invoice, Invoice Date, Inv Sales and Inv Comm:
When configured in this manner, the PO is retrieved and a “LOT ONLY” invoice is created for the PO. If the PO is not found, the line remains on the screen and no action is taken.