PAT, or the Prediction Analysis Tool, is a dynamic tool created with machine learning technology that can assist OASIS users by providing lead times and estimated shipping dates, known as an Agency Calculated Date (ACD). PAT will analyze the time it takes from when the quote is converted into an order to when shipping information is entered on the order and use the patterns it discovers to produce a result.
Currently, PAT evaluates the following data to generate lead times and ACDs:
- Previous release date- production schedules can vary based on the time of year. The assumption when showing the data is that the item will release today.
- Order type- whether the item being resold or part of a commissioned order. Resell management overhead is included in PAT’s analysis.
- Item "mock" series- the first few characters in a catalog string or anything before the first delimiter (e.g., a dash).
- Stocking- whether the item is marked as stock in the OASIS price list.
- Manufacturer ID- the manufacturer ID in OASIS.
- Customer ID- the customer ID in OASIS.
PAT is estimated to begin learning patterns and returning lead time and ACD predictions once a month’s worth of data is entered. PAT should return more accurate lead times and ACDs once a year’s worth of shipment information entered is in OASIS.
PAT for Quotes
The PAT Lead Time column assists users during the quoting process by providing lead times based on the analysis of real, historic shipping data in OASIS. This can help quoters choose alternate part numbers with lead times that meet the project's start date.
Adding the PAT Lead Time column
1. Navigate to the Projects page.
2. Create a new project or open an existing project.
3. Open a phase.
4. Open a bid.
5. Click File, then select Preferences from the drop-down list.
6. The Set Quote Preferences window will appear.
7. On the Columns tab, under the Column section, locate the PAT Lead Time checkbox.
8. Check the PAT Lead Time checkbox to display it in the bill of material.
9. Click Ok.
10. The PAT Lead Time column will appear in the quote's bill of material.
PAT for Orders
The PAT ACD column can return an estimated shipping date known as an Agency Calculated Date (ACD). This data is used for comparison purposes only against the predetermined lead time information set up in the manufacturer entry. This does not replace the current estimated shipping date field in the shipping toolbar. The PAT ACD column will not print on any external customer facing prints and will not be visible in the O4 Customer Portal.
Adding the PAT ACD Column
1. Navigate to the Orders page.
2. Create a new order or open an existing order.
3. Click the Items tab.
4. Click File, then select Preferences from the drop-down list.
5. A new window will appear.
6. On the Columns tab locate the PAT ACD checkbox.
7. Check the PAT ACD checkbox to display it in the bill of material.
8. Click Ok.
9. The PAT ACD column will appear in the order's bill of material.