PAT, or the Prediction Analysis Tool, is a dynamic tool created with machine learning technology that can assist OASIS users by providing lead times and estimated shipping dates, which will be known as an Agency Calculated Date (ACD). PAT relies on previously entered shipping information in OASIS and will learn patterns within that data to produce a result. PAT can anticipate results based on several factors, including customer ID and part series.
Currently, the following information is evaluated during PAT’s analysis of OASIS data to generate lead times and ACDs:
- Previous release date- production schedules can vary based on the time of year. The assumption when showing the data is that the item will release today.
- Order type- whether the item being resold or part of a commissioned order. Resell management overhead is included in PAT’s analysis.
- Item "mock" series- the first few characters in a catalog string or anything before the first delimiter (e.g., a dash).
- Stocking- whether the item is marked as stock in the OASIS price list.
- Manufacturer ID- the manufacturer ID in OASIS.
- Customer ID- the customer ID in OASIS.
PAT will analyze the time it takes from when the quote is converted into an order to when shipping information is entered on the shipping toolbar for an order line. For more information about the shipping toolbar, click here. Note: PAT is estimated to begin learning patterns and returning lead time and ACD predictions once a month’s worth of data is entered. PAT should return more accurate lead times and ACDs once a year’s worth of shipment information entered is in OASIS.
PAT for Quotes
PAT will be able to assist users during the quoting process by providing lead times based on the analysis of real, historic data in OASIS. Users can quickly re-evaluate their bids and select alternate part numbers that may have a shorter lead time if needed. The PAT Lead Time column must be added to a quote.
1. Navigate to the Projects page.
2. Select the button to create a new project or open an existing project to edit it.
3. Select a phase.
4. Select a bid.
5. Select “File.”
6. Select “Preferences” from the drop-down list.
7. The "Set Quote Preferences" window will appear.
8. Select the "Columns" tab and locate the "Column" section.
9. Check the “PAT Lead Time” box.
10. Select “Ok.”
11. The “PAT Lead Time” column will appear in the bid.
PAT for Orders
PAT can return an estimated shipping date known as an Agency Calculated Date (ACD). This data is used for comparison purposes only against the predetermined lead time information set up in the manufacturer entry. This does not replace the current estimated shipping date field in the shipping toolbar. For more information about setting up static lead times for a manufacturer, click here. The PAT ACD column must be added to an order. Note: the PAT ACD column will not print on the order and will not be visible on the O4 Customer Portal.
1. Navigate to the Orders page.
2. Create a new order or double-click on an existing order to edit it.
3. Select the “Items" tab.
4. Select “File.”
5. Select “Preferences.”
6. A new window will appear.
7. Select the "Columns" tab.
8. Check the “PAT ACD” checkbox.
9. Select “Ok.”
10. The "PAT ACD" column will appear in the order.