Customer exceptions allow users to create customer-specific pricing for parts in a manufacturer price list. There are several ways to apply customer exceptions:
- Manually using the Reprice Tool in a bid or simple project after creating the bill of material.
- Automatically after a winning customer is selected in a bid or simple project before creating the bill of material.
- Automatically when creating daily quote.
- Automatically when creating an order from scratch.
This article will explain how to create customer exceptions in a manufacturer price list.
1. Navigate to the Manufacturers page, then select the Pricing page from the drop-down list.
2. Select a manufacturer to view its product series and price lists.
3. Double-click on an existing price list to edit it. Learn how to create a price list.
4. The Price List Editor will open.
5. Click the Customer Exceptions tab.
6. Enter information as needed.
- Part- the catalog number for the part. This part must exist in the Price List tab.
- Customer- the customer to which the exception applies. Learn how to create a customer.
- Cost- the cost of the part if resell.
- Price- the sell price of the part.
- Commission- the commission rate for the part.
- MFGQuote- the quote number provided by the manufacturer. This is not required.
- Effective End- the future end date for the special pricing. This field defaults to today's date.
7. Click Save and close.