The Customer Copy of a quote allows users to send the quote's bill of material to a customer on the Customers tab. Customer Copies will not include:
This article will explain how to create and send a Customer Copy of a quote in O4.
Printing a Quote
1. Click the icon.
2. Select Projects from the drop-down list.
3. The Project Listing page will appear.
4. Open an existing project.
5. From the bid, click File, then select Send from the drop-down list.
6. A new page will appear presenting print options. Select Customer Quote.
Building a Customer Copy
The process for building a Customer Copy contains five steps: Select Customers, Limit Manufacturers, Select Options, Define Print Options, and Draft Email.
Step 1: Select Customers
1. Select which customers to send a Customer Copy. Customers added to the Customers tab of the bid will automatically appear.
- To add a new customer from this screen, click .
- To select all customers, check the Select all checkbox.
- To add a contact, click Contacts below the customer entry.
Step 2: Limit Manufacturers
2. If desired, select which manufacturers should appear on the print. Click to limit manufacturers or to proceed to the next step.
If limiting manufacturers, select the manufacturers that should appear on the print, then click .
Step 3: Select Options
3. Choose which parts to print on the Customer Copy by option code, where Anonymous Option is any line on the bill of material not contained within an option code.
Step 4: Define Print Options
4. Customize the information that displays on the print regarding pricing, bill of material, and header details.
Pricing Print Options
- Unit Price- display the unit price.
- Extended Price- display extended price column
- Show Grand Total (Lot Net)- display a grand total of all parts
- Show Subtotals and Options- display any subtotal or option line
- Show Component Prices- display component, lamp, and accessory prices
- Quote 2nd Column- display a 2nd price column; Unit Price must be checked
- Show Tax Estimate- display estimate for the tax based on customer setup or project location
- Show Tax Subtotal Estimate- display taxes for each option code on the BOM
- Show Manufacturer Totals- display totals per manufacturer at the bottom of the print
BOM Print Options
- Hide Quantities, Hide Line Notes, Hide Description- hide these items
- Hide Part Numbers, Hide Manufacturer IDs, No Parts- hide these items
- Suppress Zero Quantity- hide lines with a zero quantity
- Show Manufacturer Terms- display manufacturer terms and conditions at the bottom of the print
- Show Lot Lines- display lines with a LOT code
- Show Components, Lamps, and Accessories- display line with a Component, Lamp, and ACC code
Header Print Options
- Show Bid Name- display the project name, phase name, and bid name at the top of the print
- Show in Landscape- print landscape orientation instead of portrait orientation
5. Select PDF or Excel from the drop-down list in the bottom left corner to define the print attachment's file type.
6. Click .
Step 5: Draft Email
7. The email draft will appear. Make changes to the recipients and body as necessary.
8. To add an additional attachment, click Add Attachment.
9. Click or if emailing multiple customers. The email status will change depending on whether the email could be sent:
- - the email sent successfully.
- - the email failed to send. Click for more information.
10. If the email is successful, a pop-up window will appear providing two follow-up options. Select desired options, then click . Alternatively, click to bypass the suggested changes.
- Set status to Quoted- change the bid's status to Quoted.
- Show on Bid Board- display the bid on the Bid Board, including the Bid Board Tile and the Bid Board Section of the Customer Portal.
11. Users will be redirected to the Items tab of the bid.