The User Viewer in O4 allows an OASIS admin to view information about the user and set up two factor authentication, API access, coverage for other users, and more. This article provides an overview of the User Viewer. Learn how to create a user in O4.
- User must have admin access to Users.
1. Select the icon.
2. Select Configuration from the drop-down list.
3. Select Users.
4. The Users Listing will appear.
5. Click a user in the listing to open it.
6. The User Viewer will appear. The User Viewer contains eight tabs: General, Contact Information, Security, API Tokens, Workgroup Access, Notes, Covering Other Users, and Attachments. Click at any time to edit.
The General Tab
Use this tab to enter general information about the user. This tab contains six sections: Identification, Roles, Reminder Forwarding, Security, Payday Reporting, and Personnel Information.
Note: this information appears throughout OASIS and on several customer facing documents.
- User ID- the username entered when logging into Legacy OASIS.
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- CSR- toggle on if the user creates orders at any time.
- Quoter- toggle on if the user creates projects/quotes at any time. The percentage field allocates a percentage of credit on a transaction. Note: selecting this role will automatically default users to edit mode when opening a project.
- Sales- toggle on if the user is a sales person and has a sales account.
- Email Reminders- if Y, reminders are emailed to the user.
- Auto Acknowledge Emailed Reminders- if Y, reminders are automatically acknowledged after the email is sent.
- Workgroup ID- the workgroup the user is assigned to.
- No Password- if toggled off, the user does not have a password. Note: in order for a user to log into O4, the No Password field must be turned off and a Password must be set up.
- User Type- the user's access to Legacy OASIS and/or O4.
- Legacy Only- user can access Legacy OASIS, but not O4.
- O4 Only- user can access O4, but not Legacy OASIS.
- Hybrid (O4/Legacy)- user can access both Legacy OASIS and O4.
- API Access- user can access O4 via API only.
- OASIS Service- user is used only for the set up of services in OASIS requiring email notifications, such as Conversations, and cannot access Legacy OASIS or O4.
- Active- if toggled on, the user is active and can log into OASIS.
- Two Factor Authentication- if toggled on, two factor authentication is enabled.
- Comm. Account- the user's sales account from which they receive credit for commission.
- Percent of Commission- percent of commission the user receives.
- Percent of Overage- percent of overage the user receives.
- Percent of Margin- percent of margin (for resell) the user receives.
Note: this information does not appear anywhere in OASIS or print on customer facing documents.
- DOB- the user's date of birth.
- Hire Date- the user's hire date.
- Terminated- if toggled on, the user has been terminated.
The Contact Information Tab
Use this tab to add or review contact information, such as home address, email, and phone number. This tab also displays the email connector the user has selected in their email configuration. Note: admins cannot change the user's email connector.
The Security Tab
Use this tab to set up the user's security access.
The API Token Tab
Use this tab to generate bearer tokens for API use.
The Workgroup Access Tab
Use this tab to grant access to multiple workgroups. This will prompt the user to select a workgroup before creating transactions. It is not required to grant access to the user's default workgroup set up on the General tab.
The Notes Tab
Use this tab to enter internal notes pertaining to the user.
The Covering Other Users Tab
Use this tab when the user is replacing or temporarily taking over the responsibilities of another user. This will assign any jobs from the previous user to the new user, but the jobs will continue to report as the old user.
The Attachments Tab
Use this name to view and upload electronic files related to the user. Learn more about using the Attachments tab in O4.