Creating manufacturers in OASIS is an integral piece of the system. Users can enter information related to order entry, freight/shipping, invoicing, and more in an manufacturer entry. This article will explain how to create a manufacturer in O4. To learn more about O4, click here.
1. Select the icon.
2. Select "Manufacturers" from the drop-down list.
3. The Manufacturer Listing will appear.
4. Select .
5. The Manufacturer Creator page will appear.
Use this section to enter identifying information.
- Name- the full name of the manufacturer.
- ID- the ID assigned to the manufacturer. Note: this ID cannot be altered once created, but it does not appear in OASIS except for the manufacturer viewer.
- Display ID- the ID that displays on transactions.
- Active Status- identifies the manufacturer's status.
- Active- the manufacturer is an active entry.
- Inactive- the manufacturer is an inactive entry; the manufacturer cannot be used in transactions and will not appear in reports.
- Parent- a parent company to child brands. This option is for reporting purposes only; the manufacturer entry cannot be selected in transactions.
- Parent (Shown)- a parent company to child brands. This enables the manufacturer entry to be selected in transactions.
- Parent Company- the manufacturer's parent company.
- Merged Brands- allow the parent and all child brands to be processed on the same purchase order.
- Workgroups- the workgroups the manufacturer can be accessed from.
Use this section to define the manufacturer's connectivity.
- Specialization- select the manufacturer's connectivity.
- Export Type- select "O2O" to enable the manufacturer to create .O2O files when sending quotes and orders, described here, or select "XLS" to enable the manufacturer to create .xls files when sending quotes and orders.
Use this section to define the manufacturer's product and visibility on line cards.
- Product Description- any descriptive notes related to the product.
- Product Type- the variety of product that the manufacturer produces. Product types are configured in Legacy OASIS.
- Advertise- allow the manufacturer to print on the line card in Legacy OASIS.
- Web Advertise- allow the manufacturer to appear in the Line Card section of the Customer Portal.
Use this section to define any search tags related to the manufacturer. Search tags are configured in Legacy OASIS. For more information, click here.
Sold To Address
Use this section to enter the sold to address.
Use this section to enter the shipping address.
Use this section to enter the return address.
Use this information to add contact information, including email, phone number, fax number, and website.
Use this section to define information related to order entry.
- Account Required- enter "Y" to require that customers have an account in order to process an order.
- Agent Number- Enter the agency's account number with the manufacturer.
- Allow Resell- allow the manufacturer to process resell orders.
- Only Resell- designate the manufacturer to process resell orders only.
- Resell Account Number- enter the agency's account number with the manufacturer
- Default Lamp Manufacturer- designate the manufacturer entry as the default lamp manufacturer. This will stamp a quote with the manufacturer's ID every time a lamp line is added to the bill of material.
- Misc Submittal Manufacturer- designate the manufacturer entry as a miscellaneous submittal manufacturer where cut sheets from manufacturers that the agency does not represent can be uploaded.
- Rollup Types- allow OASIS to roll up (collapse) lines on an order or quote that share the same type
- Recap Change Orders- enable detailed descriptions on the Change Order print of what changes were made.
- Customer Order Required Types-
- Agency Holds Only- indicates that this manufacturer does not accept hold for release orders.
- Invoicing Only- designate the manufacturer entry for invoicing for services or fees (no material); typically associated with resell.
- Don't Show Earnings- hide earnings on commissioned orders.
- Form Version- designate the manufacturer quote prints to use the Legacy Forms or F2018 forms.
- Currency- select the currency type for the manufacturer.
- Landing Factor- the landing factor (a simple multiplier) used to adjust the sell price to reflect tariffs and other charges required for importing an item for the manufacturer.
- Give Back Commission- the commission rate for an item in the price list is deducted from the price when importing (Agency Version only).
Order Entry Notes
Use this section to enter comments specific to order entry. Note: this will appear as a pop up message each time an order is created.
Use this section to define freight and shipping terms.
- Min Parts Amount- define the minimum quantity required for an order
- Min Amount- define the minimum dollar amount required for an order
- Min Weight- define the minimum weight amount required for an order
- Allowance Type- define what measure freight allowance is based on
- Allowance Amount- define the minimum dollar amount required for freight allowance
- Allowance Weight- define the minimum weight amount required for freight allowance
- Non-shipping Manufacturer- designate the manufacturer as one that does not ship product
Order Type Lead Time
Use this section to define the lead times for each order type configured in OASIS.
Use this section to define commission & invoicing terms.
- Standard Commission- enter the standard commission percentage. (Note: commission entered for a part in the price list will override the standard commission).
- Overage Split- enter the overage split between the manufacturer and agency
- Overage Cap- enter the maximum overage percentage to be earned on a part number
- Days to Paid- enter the number of days until invoices are due
- Invoice Close %$- set up a percentage or dollar amount threshold in which an invoice will automatically close once reached.
- Close Order Sales %$- set up a percentage or dollar amount threshold in which an order will automatically close once reached.
- Close PO Commission- set up a percentage or dollar amount threshold in which an order will automatically close once reached.
Quote Default Markup
Use this section to define the default markup for sell, level 1, level 2, and level 3 pricing in a quote.
Use this section to enter comments specific to customer copy print, manufacturer copy print, quote terms, and price sheet notes. Note: these comments will appear at the bottom of each print.
6. Select . To learn more about the tabs available in the Manufacturer Viewer, click here.