Users with admin access can create new users, assign them to workgroups, set percentages of credit received, assign security access, and more. This article will explain how to create a user in O4 and defines the fields within the user creation process. Note: some features are only available through the User Editor, such as two factor authentication and assigning work covers. For more information about the User Editor, click here.
1. Click the icon.
2. Select Configuration from the drop-down list.
3. Click Users.
4. Click File, then New User.
5. The New User screen will appear.
6. Enter the user's identifying information.
- User ID- the username entered when logging into Legacy OASIS.
- CSR- turn on if the user creates orders at any time.
- Quoter- turn on if the user creates projects/quotes at any time. The percentage field allocates a percentage of credit on a transaction. Note: selecting this role will automatically default users to edit mode when opening a project.
- Sales- turn on if the user is a sales person and has a sales account.
- Email Reminders- turn on for reminders to be emailed to the user.
- Auto Acknowledge Emailed Reminders- turn on for reminders to be automatically acknowledged after the email is sent.
- Workgroup ID- the workgroup the user is assigned to.
- Password- enter the password. Note: leave blank and check "No Password" if the user does not require a password. A password is required for Hybrid and O4 user types.
- No Password- turn on if the user does not have a password.
- User Type- select the user type that accurately explains the user's needed access to Legacy OASIS and O4. For more information, click here.
- Legacy Only- user can access Legacy OASIS, but not O4
- O4 Only- user can access O4, but not Legacy OASIS
- Hybrid (O4/Legacy)- user can access both Legacy OASIS and O4
- API Access- user can access O4 via API only
- OASIS Service- user is used only for the set up of services in OASIS requiring email notifications, such as Conversations, and cannot access Legacy OASIS or O4
- Active- turn on to make the user active.
- Comm. Account- select the user's sales account from the drop-down menu to set them up to receive credit for commission.
- Percent of Commission- percent of commission the user receives.
- Percent of Overage- percent of overage the user receives.
- Percent of Margin- percent of margin (for resell) the user receives.
7. Click .
8. Enter the user's contact information.
Enter the user's home address, or use the Our Addresses or Address Book to auto fill the information.
- Our Addresses- use a workgroup's address for the user
- Address Book- use a customer's or manufacturer's address for the user
Phone, E-Mail, and Other Numbers
Click to add the kinds set up in customer configuration. Note: an email is required to log into O4.
9. Click .
10. Define the user's security settings. To learn more about what each checkbox means for its respective row and column, click here. Note: check the box in the column name to automatically check all boxes in the column.
11. Click .
12. Define additional workgroup access for the user. This allows the user to have the option to choose a workgroup when creating a transaction. Note: it is not necessary to grant access to the default workgroup set up in the Security section.
13. Click .
14. Enter any internal notes pertaining to the user.
15. Click .